2015 NAGA SEATTLE GRAPPLING CHAMPIONSHIP
The North American Grappling Association (NAGA) is the world’s largest mixed grappling tournament circuit with over 350,000 competitors worldwide. On Saturday, October 3, 2015, NAGA returns to Washington state with its annual NAGA Seattle Grappling Championship No-Gi & Gi tournament. Come as an individual or as a team to compete. You do not have to live in Washington or be on a team to participate in this event. Pre-registration closes at midnight, September 26, 2015.
IMPROVEMENTS AND CHANGES FOR 2015
- Removed all leg lock submissions from Children’s (Ages 13 and under) No-Gi Divisions.
- All NAGA competitors (pre-registration and same day registration) will receive a free competition t-shirt.
- Children & Teen competitors are guaranteed a minimum of two matches per tournament.
- New ‘Advanced’ skill level for Children and Teens, for those with 2-3 years of experience.
- Earlier division start times. Children & Teens must be registered and weighed in by 9:00 AM.
- Pre-registration fees are the same as 2014, 1 Division = $80, 2 Divisions = $100. The registration fees increase by $20 after the posted deadline.
100 CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS AWARDED
NAGA awards gold championship belts to all Children, Teen, Adult, Masters, Directors and Executive, Expert Division champions (Limit 1 belt per competitor per event). This award is unrivaled in quality and appearance.
SAMURAI SWORDS TO CHILDREN & TEENS WINNERS
NAGA will be awarding custom engraved SAMURAI SWORDS to all non-expert Children & Teen 1st place winners (Limit 1 per competitor per event). Custom medals will be awarded to all 2nd & 3rd place winners along with non-expert Adult division winners. Adult competitors who place 1st and win a gold medal will have the opportunity to obtain a samurai sword at the NAGA T-shirt booth for a nominal fee. All children (13 and under) who do not place 1st through 3rd will take home an award.
TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP CUPS AWARDED
NAGA awards customized championship cups to the tournament team champions. A cup can be won in: Adult Overall, Adult No-Gi, Adult Gi, and Children & Teens Overall. Please make sure your team registers under the same team name. Do not miss this opportunity to showcase the talent that your team possesses.
CHAMPION GI PATCH
All Children, Teens & Adults who place 1st in any of our Gi Divisions (White Belt through Black Belt) will receive a NAGA Champion Gi patch.
All competitors will receive a FREE NAGA Competition T-Shirt whether you pre-register or not. The shirts can be picked up when you arrive at the event.
GET YOUR GRAPPLING GEAR AT THE EVENT
NAGA is bringing a truckload of grappling gear (Board shorts, gi bags, rash guards, t-shirts, hats, gi hoodies, patches, skull caps, stickers, dog tags, etc.) in children and adults sizes, for males and females. Check out the huge selection of gear and apparel at the NAGA event.
NAGA works diligently to prevent "sandbagging", or the practice of fighting down skill levels to ensure one takes home an award. NAGA has been working with RANKED to track all fighters and ranked grappling events to produce true "national standings." A by-product of these standings is our knowledge of who has competed and at which level. Front door personnel will use RANKED data to determine whether or not individuals who have fought in past events belong in a higher skill level (i.e. placed 1st at a prior NAGA event).
NAGA ON THE WEB
NAGA has established a presence online through our website and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. We are expanding the material that is offered on these sites outside of the NAGA website. If you use any of these sites, please join us and be kept up to date with the latest NAGA news.
- Get the monthly NAGA email by filling out this form. If you have already competed in NAGA you do not need to fill this out: http://www.nagafighter.com/index.php?module=joinpage
- "Like" NAGA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nagafighter. You will be notified of the latest NAGA news and events.
- Follow NAGA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/naga_fighter or @NAGA_FIGHTER. We will start to tweet what divisions are coming up at tournaments to help you as a competitor or fan stay informed.
- Our YouTube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/nagagrappling Submit links to YouTube videos of you competing in NAGA to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share your video with the rest of the NAGA community.